Happy Valentine’s Day, sweet friends! How are you spending this exciting day? I love you all so much that I’m sharing a super easy recipe you can use tonight when you cook for your loved ones… sorry if you’d prefer candy or flowers instead! 😉 The hub and I are cooking some filet mignon at home tonight and I. can’t. wait. We may catch a movie and work out after dinner, too. Valentine’s is such a great day to remind your people how much you love and appreciate them. Even if you do this on a daily basis, take tonight to really invest some time on loving well. It’s a valuable skill that takes practice, patience, and a selfless heart.
Today’s recipe is super simple and only includes 5 ingredients! It is perfect for a busy school night when you want something healthy and tasty without slaving over the stove for hours. In addition to being easy to make, the cleanup for this recipe could not be easier! You only need a sheet pan, knife, and cutting board (if you want to be fancy), but sometimes we cut the asparagus and lemon right on the baking sheet. All of the setup can easily be done while the oven is preheating and it cooks in just about 20 minutes! That’s my kind of recipe.
For some reason, when I make asparagus I just feel like a chef. And it doesn’t hurt that it makes a pretty photographic subject for the Pinterest. I hope you’ll love this super easy, super delicious recipe! Note that you can also put lots of different spins on it. Throw it over some white rice and add teriyaki sauce for a more Asian flavor. Mix some honey with your soy sauce and make the whole recipe a little sweeter. Throw in any other veggies you love and bake them all together or replace the asparagus with something else that you like more! I love chicken because it is SO versatile. Take advantage of that!
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- 1 large bunch asparagus, woody ends removed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Italian spices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Cut ends off of asparagus and arrange around the outside of a lightly greased sheet pan
- Place 4 chicken breasts in the center of the pan
- Cut lemon in half
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon half over chicken and asparagus
- Slice the other lemon half into thin slices and lay over chicken
- Drizzle soy sauce over chicken and asparagus
- Sprinkle spices (mostly on chicken)
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through
Your turn: How are you celebrating Valentine’s tonight? Let me know!