Hello, friends! It’s hump day, and its also new recipe day on Hey, Haley! I shared on Instagram yesterday a little about how my last few weeks have gone, so I’ll recap here today. For the past 6-8 weeks, I’ve had some food problems. I’m not sure what the exact causes are or how to fix it quite yet, but I’ve had a lot of stomach pain and discomfort with almost everything I’ve eaten. I was very specific about this week’s recipe because this has always been a safe food for me, giving me energy without causing any specific problems. All that to say, I’d appreciate prayers as I get things figured out soon!
It is week 5 of #hhtries52 and I’m sharing one of my most used recipes. The general idea for this recipe came from a friend a few years ago, but it has grown and developed over the years into this (pretty much) perfect meal. I love to make a huge batch of this quinoa salad and eat it cold for lunch and dinner for several days. I may have even eaten it for breakfast! This salad (if I can even call it that, it really does seem more like a pasta salad) is refreshing, healthy, and filling. It is packed with protein, veggies, and is overall just what I need more of in my diet. I hope you’ll feel the same!
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 3 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cucumbers, skinned and chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes quartered (or smaller if desired)
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, grilled and chopped
- Greek vinaigrette dressing (I used Kraft dressing)
- Cook quinoa according to box (usually 1 part quinoa to 2 parts water)
- While quinoa is simmering, chop bell peppers, cucumbers, and tomatoes
- Grill or bake 2 chicken breasts and chop into bite sized pieces
- Combine quinoa, spinach, peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, feta, and chicken in large bowl
- Stir to combine
- Serve immediately or cool in fridge to serve later
- (Add vinagriette dressing as desired)
Your turn: tell me about your favorite recipe that just makes you feel good!