Happy Hump Day, friends! I figured we’d celebrate getting halfway through the week with a sweet little recipe for a Vanilla Chai latte. I finally broke down and bought a milk frother a few weeks ago and was excited to get to work perfecting some recipes using it. Naturally, I gave chai my first attempt because I just love it that much.
This recipe only calls for a few ingredients: milk (I used unsweetened Almond Milk), chai tea, french vanilla syrup (I used sugar-free), and ground cinnamon. While you don’t need a frother, I think the foam makes a latte more fun! You can find the one I got below and also a super nice automatic frother if you can swing it.
Products from Amazon.com
While heating water to steep your tea in, warm milk and cinnamon mixture to just about boiling (and be careful not to let it boil over) and then pour milk into a container big enough to froth in if you plan on frothing. In this container, froth the milk to about 2-3 times its size. Pour the steeped tea into your mug, add syrup, and then pour the frothed milk over the top. Enjoy!
- 1/3 cup chai, heated in water
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla syrup
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Heat about 1 cup of water in a teapot (or microwave)
- Steep a chai teabag in the heated water for about 5 minutes in a mug
- While steeping, pour milk and pinch of cinnamon into a small saucepan and heat until almost boiling
- Pour milk mixture into a mixing/frothing bowl and froth to 2-3 times it's size
- Add vanilla syrup to mug and stir lightly
- Pour frothed milk over chai and syrup