It’s week 4 of #hhtries52 already, and I’m excited to share one of our absolute favorite recipes. If you missed it, I started a series in which I will share a new recipe every week this year and I’m very excited about it! One of my goals for the year is to become a better cook (and maybe try some new foods), so this is a great way to jump into it. Today’s recipe is for these beautiful Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Fries. No, they don’t taste anything like normal fries, and they don’t include any deep-frying, but they are dang good. John and I could eat these every night and probably never get tired of them. Yes, they’re just that good.
These zucchini fries can be thrown together super quickly, taking only about 20 minutes total! Just preheat the oven, slice the zucchini, throw together the spices, and assemble on a baking sheet to bake for 15 minutes. We like to broil them on high for about 3 minutes after they bake to get that nice crispy look and feel. And that’s it! Give me a shout if you try them and get addicted like we did. Happy #hhtries52 Wednesday, everyone!
- 4 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (roughly)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Slice zucchini and spread on baking sheet.
- Combine parmesan, oregano, basil, thyme, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Drizzle zucchini with olive oil and spread parmesan mixture over zucchini evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then broil on high for 3 minutes (if desired).
- Garnish zucchini with parsley and serve immediately.
Let me know your thoughts below!