Happy weekend, everyone! I’m excited to share a new salad recipe today that was fun to work on because it involves Brussels sprouts… and I love Brussels sprouts. I’m all for trying new combinations for salads, so when I saw a shredded Brussels sprouts salad on Pinterest, I knew I had to make my own combo! This salad only uses Brussels sprouts, chickpeas, feta, crumbled bacon, and sun-dried tomatoes, and you can easily add other ingredients you like to make this more suitable for you.
Shredding Brussels sprouts took longer than I expected, so make sure to set aside some time for shredding unless you’re able to find pre-shredded sprouts in a store somewhere! Just chop off the stem with a sharp knife, slice the sprout lengthwise, and then carefully chop them lengthwise again into thin strips. It helps that they are already made of layers
This salad is then topped with some Greek Vinaigrette dressing (you can find my favorite here)! You can totally leave it as is, or top with grilled chicken or any other meat of your choice! We had some chicken in the fridge, so we grilled it up real quick and it was perfect with the salad. You may want some croutons as well because the sprouts are less crunchy and firm than lettuce.
- 12 oz brussels sprouts
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- Greek vinaigrette dressing to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut stems off Brussels sprouts
- Slice Brussels sprouts lengthwise then shred lengthwise in narrow strips
- Combine Brussels sprouts, chickpeas, feta, bacon, and sun-dried tomatoes
- Add dressing, salt, and pepper as needed
Have you ever used Brussels sprouts as a salad base? Let me know your thoughts!