Happy Monday, folks! It is ALMOST summer and I, for one, can’t wait. Today I’m sharing the perfect, summery pasta salad for any grill out, party, or event you have coming up. It’s incredibly easy, refreshing, and delicious. You can whip this together in less than an hour. The only downside of this salad is that I couldn’t think of anything blue to add to it. We’ve got all the other colors included, though!
This recipe is also versatile! We loved how these veggies tasted together, but you can easily substitute for one or more if you’re not a fan of something. Don’t like cavatappi? Throw in some bowties, elbows, or any other pasta you prefer! We topped this pasta salad with my sun-dried tomato pesto recipe (found here), but I also tried some with spinach and some Olive Garden salad dressing and loved it!
- 3/4 box of cavatappi pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow zucchini, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- Cook pasta according to instructions on package
- While cooking pasta, dice and cut all vegetables
- Remove pasta from heat and drain
- Allow pasta to cool for 30 minutes and then combine with vegetables
- Top with salad dressing, pesto, or other mixture