Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays to celebrate. I mean, I love love. It’s my favorite. Between John having two tests this week and being tight on money, we had a simple date this year (though I would have loved an aquarium trip like last year). I love a chance to cook and try out new recipes, so I asked John what he wanted for dinner. He asked for a panini that I made for him the first time I EVER cooked for him three years ago! We wanted a relatively healthy and easy to make side to go with our paninis, and I found the perfect recipe!
These Zucchini Parmesan Crisps were super easy to make:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray baking sheet with cooking spray
- Wash and slice 2 zucchini
- Mix 1/4 cup grated parmesan, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of pepper in a medium bowl
- Mix sliced zucchini with 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Dip zucchini slices in cheese and bread crumbs mix and pat coating down before placing on baking sheet
- Cook slices for 25 minutes
How simple is that? Make sure to cut your slices as evenly as possible to ensure even cooking. Learn from my mistake, these DO NOT reheat well. So try to cook them right before you eat!
Now for our beloved panini/sandwich (sandwichini?) recipe. Honestly, you don’t need any help with this one. We used delicious buns I found at Kroger, though the recipe calls for ciabatta bread. Cook some bacon, slice some fresh mozzarella cheese and tomato, and spread some yummy pesto (my favorite). Then, heat your sanwichini on medium-low heat with something on top to weigh it down (I used a bowl) until golden brown. Voila!
Follow my “Tried it. Loved it.” board on Pinterest to see recipes I’ve tried and loved. I update it as often as I make new recipes!
How did you celebrate Valentine’s day?
Like it? Share it!